ISHPEMING, Mich. (WZMQ) – The Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Area Chamber of Commerce announced its Annual Awards for 2022.
The winners are nominated by the community and voted on by the GINCC board of directors and staff. According to GINCC, nominations are based on community contributions, actions and involvement in the economic health of the area.
The 2022 Annual Awards are as followed:
- Chamber Member of the Year: Honor Credit Union
- Business of the Year: West End Ski & Trail
- Organization of the Year: Superior Rehabilitation & Professional Services
- Business Person of the Year: May Tsupros, director of Partridge Creek Farm
- Volunteer of the Year: Anthony Bertucci of Ishpeming
Executive director of the GINCC, Bob Hendrickson, said that there were many nominations submitted this year for many deserving businesses, organizations and people.
“What it came down to is these awards are given based on a handful of standout reasons, but really they reflect how dedicated and giving the entire community is to making the West End of Marquette County great place to live and work,” Hendrickson said.
Award winners will be recognized at the GINCC Annual Gala on Oct. 26 at the Upper Peninsula Brewing Company.
Tickets are available for $50 individuals, $85 for couple or a six pack for $250.
For more information go to the GINCC website or call the chamber at 906-486-1111.