HANCOCK, Mich (WZMQ) – On January 28th, the Winter Festival Heikinpäivä will be lighting up the Quincy Green in Hancock.
This Finnish-American Mid-Winter Festival has brought the Northern Community a little closer. Events for this celebration day are listed below:
– Tori markets – (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.) – Finnish American Heritage Center & United Methodist Church
– Parade – 11 a.m – Quincy Street, Hancock. Cash prizes.
– Karhunpeijäiset – join the costumed parade participants in a circle dance
– Outdoor Games (including vipukelkka, kick sleds, Wife Carrying, etc.) -immediately following the parade
– Polar Bear Dive – TBA
– Mark Munger: book talk & signing – 1 p.m. – North Wind Books
– Iltamat (dance & buffet) – (7-10pm) Finnish American Heritage Center.
For more information regarding Heikinpäivä, click here.