ESCANABA, Mich. (WZMQ) – Escanaba Public Safety responded to a possible structure fire at 624 South 14th Street. Officers arrived on the scene and found the house filling with smoke, starting from the basement.
Law enforcement found the source of the smoke was coming from the dryer, located in the basement. The dryer contents caught on fire and the fire was put out within the dryer with no further extension or damage.
Delta County Central Dispatch, City of Escanaba Electrical Department, DTE Energy, and Rampart EMS assisted with Escanaba Public Safety.