ESCANABA, Mich. (WZMQ) — A fire broke out in a garage in Escanaba on Saturday after a motorhome was left running inside, according to the city’s department of public safety.
The fire was reported in the 3700 block of 18th Rd. around 12:49 p.m.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the garage and were able to quickly put it out and ventilate the garage, public safety officials said.
They discovered the motorhome had been running in the garage for about an hour, and a large wood stove was being used to burn garage. There were also plastic barrels containing garbage and cardboard near the wood stove and motorhome’s exhaust, which are believed to have caused the garbage to catch fire, according to the public safety department.
A firefighter suffered minor injuries.