ESCANABA, Mich. (WZMQ) — Two people were taken to the hospital after fire broke out at an Escanaba residence early Monday morning, according to the Department of Public Safety.
It was reported in the 300 block of N. 15th. St. at 12:50 a.m.
Firefighters said they found flames and heavy smoke coming from the front of the residence when they arrived. The fire then quickly spread to the second story of the building.
Two tenants were home at the time and were taken to OSF HealthCare St. Francis Hospital for treatment of minor injuries, the public safety department said.
The cause of the fire is believed to be an oxygen tank which caught fire inside the residence, according to investigators.