MARQUETTE, Mich (WZMQ) – In today’s world, it can be difficult to avoid the dangers of the internet. As technology has evolved, computers have now gotten to the size of your hand, and sometimes even smaller. The dangers of online users have also grown, and Cybersecurity is one way to combat that. “How many people have been told by their bank that their credit card numbers have been used”, said North Cross Group President Christopher Bender.
Bender said one of the most important parts of these workshops is to actually start the conversation around cybersecurity and the steps to keep your information safe. “It can happen to anyone and in any type of size, and just because they don’t have notoriety in the public realm doesn’t mean they’re not going to be a target, so I think one of the big things has been that this is something that we all need to do”, said Bender.
At the Lakeview arena right next to the YMCA, Northern Michigan’s Public Service Academy offers a number of workshops. The future workshop dates are listed below:
– Labor and Employment Law/ Take that Healthy Lifestyle Journey takes place on February 8th & 15th
– Planning/Zoning for E-Vehicles Brownfield Redevelopment & Land Bank takes place on March 8th & 13th
– AVERT training or Active Violence Emergency Response Training takes place on April 12th
– Leadership: Generational Differences takes place on May 23rd
– Michigan Municipal Treasurers Associates takes place in June TBD (This workshop is virtual)
– MIOSHA Topics Trio takes place on September 13th
– MIOSHA Record Keeping Rules takes place on October 18th
– Elected Officials Academy takes place on November 15th
Click here for more information on the workshops provided by NMPSA.
Click here for more information on the services offered by the North Cross Group.