WASHINGTON, D.C. – During President Trump’s Board of Peace meeting, he said he will make a decision on whether to carry out a potential military strike on Iran within the next two weeks. This follows reports of a large US military build-up in the region.
“We do have some work to do with Iran,” said the President during the Board meeting. “They can’t have a nuclear weapon.”
During Thursday’s Board of Peace meeting, the President warned “bad things will happen” Iran refuses to make a deal on their nuclear program.
“You can’t have peace in the Middle East if they have a nuclear weapon,” said the President.
Ahead of the meeting, there’s been reports of a large US military buildup in the Middle East underway, including aircraft carriers. On Thursday, the President announced he will make his decision whether to take military action against Iran, soon.
“Maybe we’re going to make a deal,” said the President. “You’re gonna be finding out over the next probably 10 days.”
The administration has repeatedly called on Iranian officials to end their nuclear program, including agreeing to not enrich any more uranium. Last summer, the President issued a strike on three Iranian nuclear facilities. Last month, the President weighed additional strikes on Iran if the regime continued to kill protesters.
Now, there’s reports of some officials expressing concern about not reaching a peaceful, diplomatic deal with Iran. Some experts raise concerns about widespread implications of another strike on Iran.
“There’s many reasons and arguments that one could make for a strike against Iran,” said Karoline Leavitt, the White House Press Secretary during a press briefing. “The President has always been very clear though with respect to Iran or any country around the world, diplomacy is always his first option, and Iran would be very wise to make a deal with President Trump and with this administration.”
We reached out to the Department of Defense on this but have not heard back.









